Disclaimer – As with all home remedies on this page, use at your own risk.
1) Flies or bees bothering you? Spray them with hairspray and they will take a quick dive.
2) Sealed envelope – Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed. (hmmmmmm…)
3) Use Empty toilet paper roll to store appliance cords. It keeps them neat and you can write on the roll what appliance it belongs to.
4) For icy door steps in freezing temperatures: get warm water and put Dawn dishwashing liquid in it. Pour it all over the steps. They won’t refreeze. (wish I had known this for the last 60 years!)
5) Crayon marks on walls? This worked wonderfully! A damp rag, dipped in baking soda. Comes out with little effort (elbow grease that is!).
6) Permanent marker on appliances/counter tops (like store receipt BLUE!) rubbing alcohol on paper towel.